Thursday, August 12, 2010

Breathless

Its Sunday morning, I had already drank my cup of coffee, and in this magnificent place that is new York city, no one is empty handed, no one is free minded.

I throw my hat on, and I am good to go, It feels as if this day has no point or purpose,and each and every one of my idle thought are about to emerge in hours and hours to come of there ceaseless companions, more idleness.

I am counting the hours to which I must endure this ungodly Sunday.

I must find me a distraction.

step step step, I inter the library, and dive into the great books with there endless tales.
hours pass by, mission accomplished, I am distracted.

I walk out and and the sun has sintered in the middle of the sky, is it the afternoon already?

another distraction catches my eye, its quite an exquisite one.

a small female with a pixie short hair, strutten the streets of new York..

"hello there" I swoop in and take my hat off knowing that its 1960, and chivalry is slowly slowly dying, I reckon a gal could appreciate a move like this.

"hey" she so coldly says, oh, I know what kind of girl she is, shes the extraordinarily crewel kind, the beautiful and the holding back kind..

"what`cha doin" I say, trying to somehow smooth my way in.

she, standing with her back to me only turns her head to my direction, "non of your goddamn buisness thats what I am doin"

and shes got quit a mouth on her, oh I know exactly what to do...
"oh, I am sorry if I have disturbed you ma`m, good day" I say, with a slightly offended look on my face, take my hat off once more, and slowly slowly walk away waiting for her to..

"wait" it always works "um, well, I cell newspapers if that interests you?"
I stop, turn around, and draw a wide smile on my face, as if the offence that I previously felt, has now magically disappeared.

I smiled coyly and looked down at an attempt to charm her..
"well look at that, inst it my lucky day!" I said, she stared and smiled polity, it was clear that she wasn't falling for any of my hard efforts, she was only being polite, but that only made me want her more..

"I havent gotten my news paper yet" she again, forced a smile.
"well , there you go sir"
"thank you ma`m"
I walked away, lit my Cuban tobacco, and tried to find some sort of a loop whole...

I slowed my steps down , hoping to have come with the answer before its too late.

I took two steps forward, and there it is ! a coffee shop,right next to the girl`s little newspaper place or whatever she likes to call it, and its out doors, right next to her.

perfect.

I feel like a creep though, yes she is a show stopper, however, dose that give me the right to pursue her so intensely?

in my moment of wearisome , I took a seat at the coffee house, and saw her right in front of me, laughing and talking, and smiling, it was uncanny, I cant let her go!

I wont.

she turned around from her customer, to count the money, and caught my glance, she smiled, this time it was sincere, why this time I wonder, wow, she`s so intangible !, again it only made me want her more..

shes walking, shes getting closer, is she walking my direction? I turn around just to chick..

"hello there, I see your still here" she says and smiles again, who am I? I cant recognize my self anymore! about 15 minuets ago, I was the bachelor of the town, so unaffected by women and there mere charm, so confident and carefree, but the person I am now is much like a little child, so terrified by her approach.

I take a deep breath and try to cling to what little composure I have left.
" well I came to the coffee house to drink a cup with my news paper" I say with a forced smile, that hides the shivers underneath.

wow, I ma shaken?
I mentally slap my self out of it.

"well, where is it" she says, confused I ask " wheres what?" "the news paper" I pause for a second to take in what she said, what should I say, "well my coffee isn't here yet so, you know"

wow, that was impressive, my composer is officially back on !

"do you mind if I join you" she said so gently, I glared at her, " sure , sure " I quickly replied.

pulling a seat for her..

we talked..

then walked..

then talked some more


in this idle Sunday , in this ungodly Sunday, I met the one whom with , I spent the rest of my life.


author note
( this story wasn't inspired by the movie breathless, the source of the picture, I have never seen it, that picture inspired me, so I wrote it)


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS! And I'm loving you having a blog. Can't wait for what comes next!
    Update us on twitter!

    ReplyDelete