Saturday, October 22, 2011

nothingness.

I`m afraid.
most days
I`m afraid
more than dreamy
or thoughtful
I am afraid.
there is much loss
infesting each corner
and I see people
especially in my
compressed, oppressed, depressed
town
who walked into nothingness.
and I am afraid
I shall too.
I am afraid
that my words
and my little
child play
with big tools
and big experiments
decay
into dismay
if I
could pray
more
could live into today
more
could be young
for once.
but into nothing
like everything
I walk
no words of whalt whitmen
no thoughts of thomas adison
no sheer
"maybe"
roar
of poetry
nothing like Maya Angelo
nothing of the sort.
I am Saudi Arabian
and I am a girl
and though I tend to be average
I scream in protest
my country abandons my mind
all shall bury
my unread lines
I scream once more in revelation
I will not
I shall not
walk into nothingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment