Saturday, December 10, 2011

drive.

excuse me while I say this as the world bursts in flames.
"we cannot drive."
I have told my uncle this as he watched me say it as if I were purging the most disgusting collaboration of words.
and he would say things so overly repeated like he were to enlighten me with further more of what I have been hearing for the last 24 years of my life.
"if women drove, mass corruption would occure, you dont know these men and what they'd do to you, we only want to take care of our wives and mothers and daughters"
I would fall back onto my seat, and let all internal fires clutter, this is pointless.
it is pointless to tell this 55 year old man who no longer desires change or thinking his own thoughts, that we are not the first or last people who may endanger our selves in the face of change, that there was before us the blacks in america, there was befor us martin luther king who indeed was assigned but now all his grand children run in the same fields and play with the same toys as white children do.
there was before us the jews, and the indians, and all of those who have been conquered and minoritized,
I could say things like this, words like these, words obviously true, words that would rase a difficult question.
but if you are a women, siting next to your old respected uncle, do not rais a difficult question and expect an honest answer and even a few applaus.
what is the point though? at times I ask, what is the pont of my exhausting my finit existence in constant fights.
I will die, and to my god I will go, who has never said a word of women not driving or not obtaining their daily needs.
I will die like emily dickinson, like amlia airheart, like alice paul, like them all a life of struggle and struggle.
 so I sit with my uncle who later on obnoxiously tunes to me with a smile I'd slightly like to rip of his face "huh, common aziza, dont be angry, forget about these things, lets just have some fun, alright?"
theres a feeling of utter worthlessness, of burst out irrational anger, that undescriminated or patronized against individuals will never understand.
in which you are alone, whispering pointless, redundant words that slam against a wall then echo back to your face only to hear how utterly (away) all your wishes are.
as the worlds bursts in flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment