Tuesday, March 6, 2012

watching documentaries about dead poets and my life in contrast.

after school
after the stifing
suffocation
of the lurking mist
of failure
mediocrity
teachers screaming at the top
of their lunges
most of us barely learning a thing
fading into the
patched up bleak
wall paper
misery.
I sit in the car
sweating in march
reading poetry
trying to write some
lonesomely
and I am not brilliant.
my hair is abnormally long
thick and curly
the vale is tightly wrapped tightly
around my neck
little hairs shriek, escape
for breath.
and I sweat all the more
but how I love
this plain
black
vale
in school
I am known for many things
bizarreness
humor
light weight wit
but am absolutely not
known
for what I am
what I really am
I am not known
for being dak and fallen
pitch cynicism
for being absolutely
 terrified
defiantly not
being woken by my mother
to drink water before I fast
and whispering
"mother, I am scared"
I am mostly
    not known
    for sitting
    and sweating
  in cars
    almost
     not quite
         weeping
              weeping
at poetry
    that isnt mine
but its alright
its only 2 pm
I have almost 13 more hours
to my bed time.
I might do something
      brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment