Thursday, May 10, 2012

the people I know.

I know such wonderful people.
and in general
I have never been
very good
with people.

when I was younger
I loved people
who did not particularly
care for me
my necessity to be
a part of a union
drove me to clone
the tiny tentacles of 6th graders
exuberant, almost mockable flexibility
I embarrassed my self a lot
and I often get the perspiration of
looking back at it.



I know people who live in the pestilence of
the absence
of even the most dismissible of possibilities
I know people who have to bare living with something
enormous
entrapped
and in all probabilities
will never see
anything besides the core of their abdomens
I know people who
are born with a
robbed
necessity
and I know
these wonderful people
who in the day light of their core
that cannot meet the fall of night with out
will
in the rattling of fears within them
in this motionless
town
where not even a plant can grow naturally
with the utterance of their words
and the strokes of their portraits
ease the economic crises
global warming
social impediments
of the masses
single handedly
build revolutions
these
are the people
I know.

2 comments:

  1. Shall we build a revolution together, my dear worderess? You only get better, mashallah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAT? I SWEAR YOU AND THAT CONVERSATION (OBVIOUSLY) INSPIRED THIS POEM.

      Delete