Thursday, January 12, 2012

To L,and so many others.

this new
almost
lover
terrifies me.
but we sit
and we talk
and he spurs forth
utter, endless sweet.
I smile
and I dont say much
he tilts
in frustration
he asks me
why is it
that there are pauses
in my speech
even
even when I speak of things
so light
to the heart
after another paus
I say
"it's most likely
in reminiscence
of all the things
I have lost
a poem or two
poems uttered
in dispair
with the clutter
of everyday
routine
some 2 old lovers
now gone
and my mothers
flaming bread"
then I pause
one long
last pause
"mostly"
I say
"mostly
it's the loss
of friends
ones whom
you'v had
catastrophic
apocalyptic
heart squashing
conflicts with
but then there are those
whom,
time, and day to day
mundane
suffocation
and dust
that sits atop
our shoulders
and our hearts
tear us apart
splatter us
in different holes of the earth
occasionally longing
for each other
but both silenced
by propriety,
a little pause in reminiscence"
he is quite
then he talks some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment