Monday, February 20, 2012

idealism.

their minds are like mine.
granted I am younger
stupider
ill informed.
still its the same overall perspective
of idealism and
flat put crashing passion
for life
and its indisplaed
utter grandness.
we look up
and we are blinded
when I was younger
I was even stupider
I though these
thoughts of mine
when my eyes suddenly got watery
in my elementary science class
look at the cosmos
I stood amazed
and girls were chewing their gums
and poking each other
look at the cosmos
I thought
look at how the earth rotates
and we sit
chewing our gum
feeling too superior
for a science
class.
my teachers were happy someone cared
but they didnt know just how to react
to the over flood of emotions
from an 11 year old
when learning about
the size of the sun.
my grades were mediocre non the less.
in history class
I was angry all the time
and I didnt understand.
how my teacher can say "30 million people died in WW2"
turn back to the board
then turn back again
"approximately, maybe more"
I would gasp.
and I would look around
a few girls cared
they aced the test.
then forgot the numbers.
I transcended through the the wholes of chaires
and tables
and academic mediocrity
all the wile in awe
30 million people died
in WW2.

No comments:

Post a Comment