Friday, March 2, 2012

oh the places you'l go!

here is where I will end
I am going to places, according to de.suess that is.
but dr suess never lived in saudi arabia. dr,suiss was never a nearly 18 year old muslim girl, stomped upon y her goverment and told it is the doings of her beloved religion.
here is where I will end, like my cousins have like my friends will, like my mother and their mothers before them.
not that highschool was anything I particularly enjoyed but I didnt have the flutters of teen under an over ruling burning sunshine where dreams were fertil and I was soft and I was lonesome no.
I drank a few cups of coffe and read a few books that I enjoyed but struggled to carry and painted on sophistication. you see dr,suiss was not forced into maturiy, no dr suiss was not pushed into building housis and spitting forth children when he himself wasnt away from being a child.

no, dr.suess was a middle aged white man who went places chifly for the reason he inhabited a place where his ability to enchantingly gather words, di infact get him into places.
today the places 
today the places I'm going are:
I am going to my cousins to order a gift online to my sister who's turning 25 tomorrow who is explosive potential, going absolutely nowhere.
then I am going to a friend of mine's place, where she and I, the avid readers poetry engulfers, drenched with the weight of dissonance and dissatisfaction. 
and we may spend an evening of heartache. sitting on slouchy chairs, tilting forth starring at words standing glorious starring us back with the full hearted weight of unshakableness.
she sits and she knows and she lives and she sleeps and eats and exists every word, but she will stand, going nowhere.
I, am paralel universes of enchanted desires, conceptual physics,organic chemistry, neurobiology, russian literature, modern poetry, cynical philosophy, and I,have the least places to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment