Friday, April 27, 2012

bohemia

I like the word 'infertile'
it plunges sorrow greater
than any word
I have scanned of papers.
in the morning
I am at my highest point of futility
the three bouquets of flowers I have been given
for doing something 
I didn't really DO
except
wait for
to happen
arent dead yet
they are withering
but aren't fully dead
I waste away the hours between watching my face and eating breakfast and there
isnt
much mystery to anything
anymore
neither
is there 
appeal
I dont know
really
I dont
and I respect
the great unhinging majority
that I find hard to fathom of people
my age
my small
under 2 decades
microscopic
dismissible
almost
laughable age who actually
in full blooming
stamina stuffed
faces hard against the wind knowledge
of most of it
I dont know
and so help me god I dont know how
they know.

some few months
almost
a year and half away
I use to
think about things
like the bohemia movement
or
the beat poets
or
the romantics
the french revolution
the great depression
1920s Paris
and I use to die and I use to ache
because
I was here
and there was nothing here
people here cant even get themselves to admit that maybe
maybe
paying all this
money
fot my 'great education'
are not really learning anything.
but then I stopped
I stopped thinking of Gertrude stein and
john keats
and
allan Ginsburg
and the heart wrenching entities
 of life
and animation
so
helplessly
out of reach.


nothing
nothing
nothing moves here
nothing bursts
here
nothing
all things
inanimate
all things

infertile.

maybe
this is a perfect place
for a
'movement'


No comments:

Post a Comment