Friday, August 13, 2010

midnight show

Honey, I waited all night

I know I am no beauty pagan winner

But I stayed here all night!


I wrote you songs

Ones with melody and rhymes

Stayed up all night long

Hard times..

In this shrine you call a living room

I have endured disrespect

I have endured your piercing glances

With which you infect

I have endured your smelly midnights

And your foggy toilet

Just as it gets better

You go ahead and spoil it

Atta boy

Way to go

You’re the best of the best

At your little show

Sweetie I know your daddy left you

I know your all alone

I know your mama beat you

I always hear you moan

Sweetie you know my arms are open

You know I wait all night

But at some point I will get tired

It’s a battle I can no longer fight


author note:

I do realize that the picture of Edi Sedgwick hardly has anything to do with the poem, but its the same self destructive artistic feel to me, so i put it up

No comments:

Post a Comment