Sunday, May 27, 2012

this isnt a poem. as if any of them are.


disappointment.

that is the single solitary feeling
I have
at my last day in highschool.
and I understand there isnt much
to simply
graduating
but
this is all I have at the moment
so please
take some time to read this through.
since childhood
I havent been much successful
at anything
but things
like
reading
and
art
and science
and obviously this seems
like a great deal
but I wasnt good with people
and I wasnt funny
and I wasnt pretty
and people were bored
but science was a great massive existence that
I could be in
be in without end
and I would end
I would end
before I even came close
to its tips
and that gave me
such comfort
the arts
the arts were an actual concrete
representation
of what it is
to be human
and I got to see
the journey of my ancestors
through it
and was there anything greater?

the highest form
of scholastic education
was
high
school.
I wanted to be small
this was science
after all
I wanted to
in comparecen to my
educators
be at the verg
of disappearing.

2 days from now
I will have taken
my last
final test.
I am not disappearing
I am living full frontally
with a great unhinging
unfulfillment
not even close to learning
or being
slightly displaced
disappointment

disappointment.

I am sorry
that how I feel is hurtful.
I know you put in
effort.
I dont exactly know why this isnt working

but I know it isnt.

and your absolute control over my
'grades'
that may or may not determine me
'future'
is almost burst out laughably
the least
of my concerns. 




No comments:

Post a Comment